Thursday, May 12, 2016

Clean and Simple Set of Cards

It’s Lorraine from Created by Lorraine and I’m here to share a set of cards that showcase Avery Elle’s Banner & Wreath stamp set and dies, as well as my love for a clean and simple style.  Here’s the first card:


I have to admit that this layout is a go-to design for me, and I use it over and over again especially when I need to crank out cards for the holidays.  I started off by using masking tape to cover the bottom portion of the card.  Then I blended in distress ink – darker at the tape’s edge and then lighter moving up.  After removing the masking tape, I stamped the sentiment, colored the sweet birds with Copic markers, and popped them up on foam adhesive.

Here’s another: same layout, with different ink and sentiment. 


And the third.  Like I said, the layout makes mass production pretty easy.


All together, my card set.  I think there’s something about the small size of both the birds and font that keeps these cards very clean and simple.


Thanks for taking a look! 

Supplies:
Avery Elle Banner & Wreath (stamps and dies)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in peacock feathers, squeezed lemonade, and spiced marmalade
Copic markers
Foam adhesive

4 comments: