Skip to main content

New Design Team Introductions!!!

Happy New Year!!! Man, it has been frigid cold up here in New Hampshire for WEEKS. Like single digits with negative wind chill cold. And the wind... WHOA!!! Thankfully (and I hope I don't jinx myself) we never lost power and we didn't experience any frozen pipes like others have. We had just filled up with oil, too so we've been warm(ish) and mostly staying inside. It's just too cold to go out, even for the kids to play. We had a blizzard Thursday which kept them home that day and yesterday as well. My husband went off the road going to work and spent over 3 hours waiting in a snowbank to get pulled out. Then the poor guy came home, missing work (which stinks at a new job with no pay) and plowed the driveway before even coming inside. The struggle is real, people. Again, we still have a lot to be thankful for and I've been sad thinking about others who have dealt with or are dealing with worse. Hopefully it starts to warm up a bit soon!

I feel like it's deja vu every time I come to type up the DT call and then the intros. I used to pick new Design Team members every 3 months and switched to every 4, but now, even that seems too quick! I thoroughly enjoyed the last term's Design Team and their projects and hope you did as well. You'll still be seeing them from time to time on our blog and some of them you'll be seeing elsewhere, too. Congrats to those joining new teams and an extra big CONGRATS to our new Design Team members joining us for this term through April. So let's get to that. ;)

Ali Farmer is joining us from Australia and yes, I'm singing she came from a land down underrrr. Does that get old? I'm sure it must so I'm sorry! hehe Ali is a part-time Speech Pathologist and a married mom of 2 teenagers who has been cardmaking for 17 years. Ali has been on the Heffy Doodle Design Team and has been Spotted by My Favorite Things several times in addition to being one of their Card Design Superstar winners in 2017. WOOT!


Alix Davis is a Dental Hygienist from California who is married with an 11 year old daughter. Alix makes super cute cards with all the images I love. This mountain scene really won me over because I love clouds and the mountains and pink and polar bears and... HA!!! Really though, her cards and little scenes are adorable!


Dana Gong is from South Korea. I was ooh-ing and aah-ing over a few of her cards on Facebook and was so happy when I saw her application come through. Before she started cardmaking, she blogged for over 4 years about tea and enjoys making caffeinated projects which makes her PERFECT for the Coffee Lover's Design Team which she is a part of and she was also on Krumspring's DT before they closed. I still have some of their stamps in the shop so be sure to check then out before they're gone! How adorable is this little house and scene she created?


Joining us from Sweden is Erica Andresson-Burke. WOW! I really have quite an international team this term. (Yes, I just noticed! HAHA) She is married to her British hubby and has 2 dogs. Her florals always jump out to me when scrolling Instagram and her watercoloring is awesome. She has been on the Studio Katia, Krumspring and Kennedy Grace Creations Design Teams. I love this black on black with a HUGE pop of color!


Norine Borys is someone I'm bummed I hadn't noticed on IG before. Her work is quite lovely. Norine resides in AZ and is on her "local" brick and mortar store's Design Team back in Canada as well as the Jane's Doodles Design Team. She's also guested for Concord & 9th and WPLUS9 last month. You can find her video for that post HERE.


Welcome to all of our new Design Team members. I'm so glad to have each of you and hope you enjoy being with us. Shout out to ALL my DT members who continue to be the awesome people that they are and a GIANT thank you to everyone that applied. That is still one of the most difficult and dreaded parts of my job. I truly appreciate the time you took and your enthusiasm for the shop!

I also want to say thank you again for your continued support. Those sales are a killer for me and I'm so glad to be caught up. I actually had time to clean my own craft desk and I'm sitting here now, writing this and dreaming of playing sometime in the near future. Can I still make Christmas cards?! LOLOLOL

Best wishes to everyone for a Happy New Year!!!

Vanessa

Comments

  1. Congratulations to all the beautiful new design team members. Your cards are just beautiful and I’m so looking forward to seeing more as the months pass. And congratulations to you Vanessa on such a great business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!! congrats ladies and a big shout out to Dana Gong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s my pleasure to be one of DT member. I will have some great time with everyone here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So looking forward to working with this amazing Team xx :) hoping I can contribute some Aussie inspiration (from the Land Down Under - yes I have this in my head now Vanessa haha!!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waving hello to my fellow newcomers and thanks for a sweet welcome! Looking forward to playing together this term!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel