Skip to main content

All Good Things...

Happy HOLIDAY MONDAY!!!! It's Thanksgiving Day here in Canada and Colombus Day for my American friends. I hope you are having a relaxing day!!  I, myself, plan to stay in my pjs all day today, please don't judge, I ate A LOT yesterday :)

For my card today, I'm using stamps from Waffle Flower's new release.  Waffle Flower stamps are are so unique. From mermaid monkeys to purses to florals, they never disappoint!  I decided on the Wild and Free stamp set.  This set is gorgeous with so many possibilities.

I started by stamping the largest image in Versamark ink and heat embossing it with Gold Superfine Embossing Powder.  I should mention that I'm loving ivory cardstock right now, so that's what I'm using.


This stamp set comes with solid stamps to fill in the leaves and flowers.  I used my current favourite set of inks for the flowers, May's Shades of Pink Ink Cubes. They are delicious!!!  I used the Bubblegum Pink and Soft Pink for the two flowers and Soft Olive Hero Arts ink for the leaves.

To frame my image, I used the largest circle from MFT's Wonky Stitched Circle Stax.  I originally was going to adhere the circle directly onto my card base but decided to layer it on a piece of kraft cardstock cut with the scallop frame from MFT's Blueprints #27.

To finish the sentiment I used the Sentiments Die, also from Waffle Flower.  I've said it before, but these dies are A MUST!!! 


I had a bit too much open space on the bottom of my circle piece so I thought this was the perfect time to use Nuvo Crystal Drops in Pale Gold.  I'm not sure of how to dispense them properly, but practice makes perfect!!

Finally, here is my finished card...



Thank you so much for stopping by today!!  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel