Skip to main content

Sweet Kitchen Scene

Hello, everyone! It's been a long time since I used some cute Lawn Fawn images, so I thought I'd make a cute Christmas kitchen scene to share with you!






I feel like I've seen so many cute kitchen scenes all over social media, so I thought I'd try my hand at one, too! It was quite simple really and I love the way it turned out! I started by stamping out my images from Lawn Fawn's Baked With Love and Milk and Cookies stamp sets in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and I colored them in with various Copic markers. I kept to traditional colors for the cookies, spoon, and baking ingredients, but I used red and green for the bowl, mixer, plate, and cookie jar. I cut them out with the coordinating dies for Baked With Love and Milk and Cookies.






I covered all of my images with a coat of glitter using the Clear Spectrum Noir Shimmer Pen. Now it's time to make my scene. I cut a piece of white cardstock to be the background for my scene and masked it off with washi tape about half way up the paper. I used Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to create the background for my cabinets. Then I cut strips of paper to be 1.5" by 3" and distressed them with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I scored them down the middle and glued them on to my scene. I added some Black Liquid Pearls and boom! Cabinets! My scene looked a little strange, so I cut a strip of paper about a half inch thick and distressed it with Ground Espresso Distress Ink and glued that to my card. I assembled all of my images together and glued some flat to my card and others I popped up.






I thought I needed something to go inside of my cabinets, so I grabbed Lawn Fawn's Oh Snap! stamp set and the coordinating Oh Snap! dies and colored the cute gingerbread men and put them inside of the first two cabinets.






I stamped the sentiment from the Oh Snap! stamp set and embossed it with Hero Arts White embossing powder inside of the third cabinet. I stamped a sentiment on the counter top from the Milk and Cookies stamp set and heat embossed that as well.

That's it! This card was so fun to make! I hope you enjoyed it, too! Be sure to pick up any goodies you desire in the Butterfly Reflections, Ink Shop! See you next time!

Lynnea

Comments

  1. Such a sweet kitchen scene and card here Lynnea ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, love the gingerbread men hiding in the cupboards under the kitchen bench and the funny sentiment "oh snap...." This is what I say every time my kids discover the new batch of cookies and devour them in one go.....yeah oh snap they've found the hidden stash of gingerbread men again!!! Have a great day. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel