Hi there, my friends! Janette here bringing you a creative alternative for a gift card presentation. Who doesn't want a simple "Thanks" with a gift card thrown in for added appreciation? However, the recipient won't be returning the "thank you" for long if the contents are falling all over their feet. Sealing those pretty shaker diamonds between two layers of acetate will solve that dilemma. Follow along and I'll show you how...
- Technique Tuesday Flair Pull Strip Die
- Avery Elle Sentimental Die
- MFT Rectangle Scallop Frame
- MFT Inside/Out Stitched Rectangle
- Queen & Company Diamond Toppings
- Lucy's Cards Clear Sequins
- Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen
- Lawn Fawn Black Cardstock
- 3m Foam Tape
- Multi Medium Matte Adhesive
- Tape Runner Adhesive
- Stash - Heavyweight White Cardstock
- Stash - Hex Print Origami Paper
- Stash - Clear Acetate
- 4 1/4" x 5 1/8" White Cardstock
- 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" White Cardstock (Scored & Folded)
- 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Hex Print
- Die cut black cardstock with MFT mid-sized Rectangle Scallop Frame.
- Die Cut matching sized rectangle into top of white cardstock with MFT Inside/Out Stitched Rectangle.
- Die Cut pull strip across bottom of white cardstock.
- Die cut 3 layers of sentiment and adhere stacked together with liquid adhesive.
- Apply Sparkle Pen to sentiment.
- Adhere hex print to card base with tape runner adhesive.
- Adhere acetate slightly larger than opening to back side of white cardstock over rectangle opening.
- Apply 2 layers foam adhesive to completely surround and seal rectangle opening.
- Apply 2 layers foam adhesive below pull strip. Do not cover any portion of pull strip.
- Fill with your shaker components. (I love these new Queen & Company diamonds!)
- Remove release paper from foam tape around rectangle only and adhere another layer of acetate sealing contents inside so that when card is shaken out, shaker contents stay in place.
- Place gift card on hex paper so that it will be seen through window.
- Apply tape adhesive around sides and top of rectangle.
- Remove any stickiness from bottom of rectangle, where card will slide out, by dusting with a powder tool, or simply baby powder or cornstarch.
- Remove remaining release paper and place shaker portion over gift card onto hex paper.
- Adhere black frame to front around rectangle opening.
- Adhere sentiment only to the actual pull strip so that the card will remain treasured after the gift card is shaken out.
- Apply Sequins.
I am really enjoying turning greeting cards into a creative alternative for gift card giving. Let the ones you care about know that you put thought and effort into their gift, even if they are difficult to shop for!
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you visit again soon! Vanessa has the shop back up and running after her crop so pop on over if you've got the itch!