I absolutely love Valentines day. I love all the crafty things! Hearts? Check. Pink, Red, and Gold? Check, check, and check! Cute critters holding hearts? Yes! Eating chocolate while crafting? Definitely yes, lol! How about you? Do you have a love or hate relationship with Valentine's day? Since Valentine's day is right around the corner, I have 2 Valentine cards for you featuring My Favorite Things.
My first card features the cutest heart hugging otter from My Favorite Things' Otterly Love You stamp set. I love these cute otters so much!
My second card features the cute gift box bear from My Favorite Things' Beary Special Birthday stamp set.
These cards turned out so cute!
- My Favorite Things Roses All Over background stamp
- My Favorite Things Otterly Love You stamp set
- My Favorite Things Otterly Love You die-namics
- My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday stamp set
- My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday die-namics
- Lawn Fawn stitched heart stackable lawn cuts
- Memento Tuxedo black ink
- Versamark ink
- Hero Arts superfine white embossing powder
- mini ink blending tool
- Distress ink in mermaid lagoon, ripe persimmon, festive berries and candied apple
- copic markers
- Sakura gelly roll white pen
- Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
To make my cards:
- I die cut 2 pieces of white cardstock with a stitched rectangle die, and prepped the cardstock with an anti-static tool.
- I inked up the MFT roses all over background stamp with Versamark ink, then stamped the 2 rectangles with it.
- I sprinkled superfine white embossing powder on the inked images, and heat set them with my heat gun.
- Once cooled, I took my ink blending tool, and blended some of the distress inks, concentrating more color towards the bottom, creating a subtle ombre effect.
- I die cut 2 of the medium Lawn Fawn hearts from white cardstock.
- I ink blended some blue distress ink on the hearts. I sprayed the hearts with water, and used a paper towel to pick up the water to get the water droplet effect.
- On another piece of white cardstock, I stamped the gift bear and otter images.
- I colored the images using my copic markers, then die cut them using the matching die-namics. I also added little details with my white gelly roll pen, and some shine to the heart the otter is holding and the ribbon on the gift bear.
- On a piece of black cardstock, I stamped the sentiments using versamark ink, sprinkled white embossing powder, and then heat set.
- I cut out the sentiments into flag/fishtail banners.
- To assemble my cards, I glued on the rose backgrounds to card bases. Then I attached the hearts with foam tape. I attached the bear/otter on top of the hearts with more foam tape. Then I attached the sentiment banner with even more foam tape.
I hope you like my cards. I love the way they turned out! Don't forget to check out the shop for all these supplies & plenty more!
Hugs, and happy Valentine's day!