Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Vacuum Love

Hey there, friends! Its Rebekah With you for todays post!

So, I am a stay-at-home mom to five, doggie momma to three and wife to one! Which essentially means I am hardly ever home, can't sit for more then five minutes at a time and I do a lot of cleaning! When I saw the That Sucks Stamp set by Sunny Studio it quickly moved to the top of my want list!

There are days I could come up with 100 reasons to use this set how I imagine it was intended but I wanted to stretch it's use and make a Valentine's Day card.



I started by stamping a soft texture to my card panel using the MFT Scattered Surface Background Stamp and light gray ink and then die cut using the Rounded Rectangle In-side Out Dies also from MFT. 

I used the Stitched Cloud Edges to create a mask and used the Clarity Stencil Brushes to apply the gray ink to the inside of the die cut panel and hand drew lines to represent baseboard trim. I used the Woodgrain Background Stamp and light brown ink to create the look of hardwood flooring and the Oval Shadows Die for the rug.




For the vacuums, I needed them to face each other so I used the mirror stamping technique using the Mirror Image Stamp also by MFT. I colored them with Copic markers, added the faces and die cut them.  For the image that was mirror stamped, I held the image up to a light and taped my die to the back of the paper and ran it threw my die cutter. It worked pretty well! I added foam to give them dimention. I also added foam to the rug and the outside of the card panel.

For the sentiment I used the Emmitt Alphabet Dies and the That Sucks Dies. I also added a small heart from the dies set!



I attached my card panel to a card base and there you have it!  Vaccume cleaners in LOVE!! 

Check out My Blog and My Instagram for more projects using products from the Butterfly Reflections Ink Shop!

2 comments:

  1. Bwahaha! This is absolutely brilliant and has totally made my day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also have infrared sensors built-in so that the robot vacuum won't accidentally take a tumble down those steep stairs. robot vacuum cleaner

    ReplyDelete