Skip to main content

"Autumn Faves" mini album///Pink Paislee Auburn Lane

Hey crafty friends....Heather here to share another mini album....I know, I know, I have been on a mini album kick lately...and actually, I have a whole container full of pictures and ideas for all of the mini albums I want to make....I will be done with that list in a few years! :)  This mini album features the Pink Paislee Auburn Lane Collection and includes all of my favorite memories made during the fall season!
 
Before I get in to the details and pictures...I am sad to say this will be my last design team post, but I want to share my gratitude for the opportunity Vanessa provided me by accepting me as part of the Butterfly Reflections Ink design team.    It has been so much fun and a dream come true!
OK...enough with the mushy stuff and on to the crafty stuff!
 
This mini album was definitely a labor of love, but totally worth it in the end...I started with matting my photos and planning my pages with the 6x8 paper pad including the cover and back.  I decided to do something different with this mini album and incorporate some old denim fabric from my stash.  I added some charms to the binding ring and tied white ribbon on.
 
 
 
 
The cover was created with a card from the ephemera pack that I hand stitched as well as the Pink Paislee Gold Thickers.  I absolutely love these foam thicker alphas...they are the perfect size and these colors! 
 


 
I started with the traditional pumpkin patch and hay ride photos of my family including my parents, nephews, and brothers....It is a tradition we try to do together every year!  I used cut files from The Cut Shoppe throughout and added quite a bit of hand stitching as well which is not my forte, but I love the texture and dimension it adds.
 



 
Next in line is my birthday which is in October and that definitely deserves documenting.....My husband always showers me with gifts and my entire immediate family meets for dinner. 
To add to the Auburn Lane embellishments, I pulled stamps and dies from my stash as well brads & flair buttons.
 

 
My husband, daughter, and I have been making holiday crafts since she was older enough to hold a glue stick...I have a box of  all of the holiday crafts we've made over the years and its a tradition I like to document every year.
 


I used lots of different types of materials to incorporate into this mini album to keep it interesting through to the end....look through your stash and pull out vellum, acetate, tissue paper, baggies, fabrics, etc....they all can be used and visually, it keeps the eye drawn in!
 


 
Lastly, fall includes Thanksgiving and couldn't be left out...
For finishing details, I added metal charms, sequins, & ribbons including little shaker pockets in a 4 x 4 pocket page sleeve...
 



Each year, I ask my husband and girls to write down what they are grateful that year...before they are allowed to eat...and I provide them with cute little cards of course and I keep them and definitely think they are worth documenting...they are tucked in the glassine bag above....
 

 

 
 
There are more pages and details to see, however, if I included all of the pictures, this would be the longest post ever!!
To see a flip through of this album as well as more details on how it was made and the products used, please check out my YouTube channel linked at the bottom of this post.
 
Please see the below list for the products I used that are still available from the Butterfly Reflections Ink online store....
 

 
 
 
 
I also used products from Pretty Little Studio, Shimmerz paints, Bramble Fox & Tim Holtz.
Thanks so much for sticking with me on this post and I hope you are inspired to create your own "Autumn Faves" mini album or project!
Please feel free to leave a comment or any questions you may have below...I'd love to know what you think!
 
Thanks again for all of your support! For more inspiration, you can find me at...
 
Thank you. xoxo Heather
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel