Skip to main content

Lawn Fawn--Summer Reveal Wheel Scene Card

Good morning, everyone, Amy Copeland here with my final project as part of the Butterfly Reflections, Ink Design Team.  I can't believe it's over--time sure flies when you are having fun!  Hopefully you will see me again, though, for some guest posts in the future.  :)
 
 
I decided to go out with a bang and use products from my all-time favorite stamp company, Lawn Fawn--hurry on over to the shop, because they just released their Fall/Winter 2018 release today and it's AWESOME!  :)
 
I used the Reveal Wheel for the first time and this card was SO fun to make!  I started out by creating the background panel--I cut the Reveal Wheel background panel out of Moonstone cardstock and then another panel out of Cilantro cardstock.  I then used a die from the Simple Stitched Hillside Border set to create a sloping hill from my green panel.
 
I used the Reveal Wheel Speech Bubble Add-On die to create the sentiment window on the blue and green panels.  It's really handy, because the Reveal Wheel die has a "puzzle piece" type of opening that nestles the cut-out piece in perfectly for great placement every time.  I then used the Leafy Tree Backdrop--Landscape dies to cut the branches of the tree out of Paper Bag cardstock and trimmed the branches out from the frame with scissors.  I cut the leafy top piece of the tree out of Noble Fir cardstock and cut the Speech Bubble "frame" out of the same Noble Fir cardstock.  I also ran the leafy top through with the Reveal Wheel background die so the stitching would be on the outside edges, too.  I flipped both of the tree pieces over so they were oriented on my card in the proper direction, on the right-hand side of the card where I wanted it, so you are actually looking at the back side of both of these die cuts.  The original die has the tree oriented on the left-hand side of the card.
 

I adhered the tree top, branches, grass, and Speech Bubble frame to the panel using Liquid Glue, then lined up the "Wishing You a Wonderful Birthday" sentiment from Reveal Wheel Sentiments in my MISTI and used Noble Fir ink to stamp it onto the "grass" piece.  You don't really have to use a stamp positioner for that step, but I had already put a lot of work into this card so far and I didn't want to mess anything up.  Before I had my MISTI, I can't even tell you how many cards I messed up at the very end by mis-stamping my sentiment, etc.  It's a lifesaver!  :)  I then used the Bunting Borders die to cut a piece of plaid patterned paper (Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Rainbow 6x6 Paper Pack), cut the bunting in half, and adhered the bunting to the tree using liquid glue.  I trimmed the excess off with my Scissors.


I then got to work on my "tire swing."  I used the second-smallest circle die in the Outside In Stitched Circle Stackables set to cut a circle from Black Licorice cardstock, then used the little circle in the Reveal Wheel die set to cut the hole from the center of the "tire."  I think it turned out SOO cute!  I used a little piece of crochet thread to "hang" the tire swing from my tree and taped the other end to the back of the Reveal Wheel panel. 

I cut the scalloped Reveal Wheel piece from white cardstock, then used my MISTI again to stamp four different sentiments from the Reveal Wheel Sentiments stamp set in the openings.  It's easiest if you make pencil markings through the opening on the front of the panel to get good placement, then erase them when you are finished.

My little girl image and kitten image came from Bicycle Built For You.  I stamped them with Copic-Friendly black ink onto smooth white cardstock, then colored the images in with my Copic Markers.  I then used the Coordinating Dies to cut them out.  I used a combination of Mini Glue Dots and Foam Squares to adhere the girl to the tire swing and card background, and used Mini Glue Dots to adhere my kitten.  I cut my background panel using a fun red-striped piece of patterned paper from the Really Rainbow 6x6 Paper Pad and an A2-sized Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables (the largest die in the set).  I used the same Foam squares and a mini brad from my stash to adhere the Reveal Wheel mechanism onto the red panel.  There are great videos on YouTube from Lawn Fawn that give you tips on assembling the Reveal Wheel.



Finally, I used Foam Squares to adhere my sky/grass/tree background piece onto the red-striped patterned paper piece, then used liquid glue to adhere everything to a top-folding A2-sized card base (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").  Once the panel was in place, I put everything back in my MISTI and lined up the "Turn Me -->" stamp into the cut-out for the scalloped piece on the Reveal Wheel die--I used the same Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the sentiment.

I really hope you enjoyed this card today--although I do like fall, I don't want summer to end, so I had to squeeze out the last vestiges of the season to create this summery scene card.  :)

It's been a blast creating projects for you during my term on the Design Team--I know Vanessa will pick a fantastic team for wonderful, inspiring projects next term, too.  Thanks for joining me today!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel