Skip to main content

Cruisin' With Santa

 Happy Friday, Everyone! I'm sharing a fun card with you today that I feel answers the age-old question of how Santa gets around when the reindeer have a day off. Or maybe he just likes cruising around the North Pole on his days off. Either way, it is quite the glam-mobile he has!

So, why the gold car, you may ask. Well, I've been wanting to play with the December BRI mood board, of course! Have you played along yet? See the gorgeous inspiration below and share your creations on Instagram for a chance at a $20 credit to the Butterfly Reflections, Ink. online shop. Just tag your creations with #brimoodboard. And by the way, there is a new Instagram page for the monthly mood board challenges, so be sure to follow it @brimoodboardchallenge.
Creating this card was fairly easy, as most of it consisted of die-cutting. The majority of products on the card are from My Favorite Things. Here is a list of the products I used:


I started the card by blending a little bit of light blue ink at the top of a white A2 card base. I wanted just the slightest illusion of clouds. I cut the mountains from light blue card stock and the snow caps from white glitter card stock and adhered both towards the top of the card. I then cut a piece of white card stock with one of the hillside border dies and adhered that onto the card base so that it overlapped the mountains. I cut the road die from white glitter card stock and then cut it again using gold metallic paper so that I could inlay gold stripes into the road. There is a larger road die from MFT called On the Road that fits this car better, but I already had this Open Road die - maybe Santa will bring me the new, bigger one! By the way, the Open Road die is 40% off in the BRI store right now!
Now onto the fun part - Santa's ride! I cut the main part of the car from gold metallic paper. The headlights are gold glitter paper, and the bumper and mirrors are from a pinkish-red card stock that I brushed with the aqua shimmer pen. I was initially going to go with a more pastel pink to stay true to the mood board, but I got a little heavy-handed with my pink copic markers when I colored Santa. Speaking of Santa, I used the image of Santa holding a present, and I just covered the present with washi tape while I was inking up the stamp. I finished up the scene with some trees that I dabbed a little bit of glimmer paste on to look like a dusting of snow.
To finish up the card, I chose part of a sentiment from the Hugs and Frosty Kisses set. And yes, I did cut the stamp apart. If you haven't done that before, it's totally okay, and it gives you more flexibility with your sentiment stamps.

Thank you so much for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed the card and that it inspires you to play along with the mood board. See you next week!

Wishing you a crafty day,
Allison




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel