Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Merry Christmas: Using Word Dies


Hello crafty friends. Today I have a card where I challenged myself to use the WPlus9 Handlettered Holiday Dies in a new way. I've already used the die in the most basic way in a previous post but for today's card I decided to use it as an embellishment. You can watch the video for more on my process.


I decided to use the WPlus9 Handlettered Holiday Dies without the coordinating stamp set. I thought it would be nice to show you how you could get great use out of it without investing in both. I used the Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods stamps and dies. I love the cardinal and how he looks great without even needing to be colored.


I kept it simple by going for a monochromatic look and used two different red papers from the Lawn Fawn Snow Day 6x6 pad. Lawn Fawn paper is as cute as their stamps. To get a polished clean look I used Multi Medium Matte as the adhesive on my die cut words and the Kooltak Clear Foam adhesive for the small die cut elements from the stamp set. 



2 comments: