Saturday, December 27, 2014

So Dreamy..

Happy Saturday my crafty friends! Danielle here from Girlracerscrap. I hope you have had a GREAT Christmas. I know I did!  
 I really enjoy making shaker cards, even though they are sometimes a bit of a pain.  I think I have a system going that makes it easier to create. 

If you didn't know already, but BRI has exclusive stamps you can't get anywhere else!!! I used the Over the Rainbow set below with my favorite sentiment Kiss Under the Stars.  I created the dreamy background on watercolor paper with Distress Inks and sprayed them heavily with water to make them bleed and blend. 


Once dried I then flicked some sprays all over and used some Gesso to create a patch in the middle for my sentiment to stand out.  Once I cut out my panel and added my acetate the fun begins!  What to put in side for the Shake part.  I gathered up sequins and wood veneers. For the final touch I stamped out some of the stars on vellum for the front of the card. 


The supplies I used can be found in the Butterfly Reflections Ink shop!! Just click on the links below! If I used something from my stash, I linked to an alternative choice you can find in the store! 

Acetate
Foam Tape
Die Cuts
Gesso
Staz On Ink
Sprays
Vellum

Thanks for stopping by!
~Danielle

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! The splatters and watercolors on the inside part of the shaker is SUCH a good idea!! love!!!! And the colors are so bright and happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun shaker card, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh this really IS so dreamy. Love love love this shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just awesome, love the shaker cards!!

    ReplyDelete