Saturday, January 3, 2015

Brightening up ones day!

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!!! I cannot believe its already 2015! Its Trish here, feeling very honored to be a guest designer again this month for the BRI Blog.

Today I'm playing with a set from My Favorite Things that Ive had for a few months now but have been pondering on how to use it.  I like to keep unused stamp sets and dies in a basket by themselves so that I make a point to use them before organizing them and putting them in their correct spot.  Once I've used a stamp set once, I remember it and tend to used it again and again.


To start my card today, I used some Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed and blended from the left side of my panel.  I wanted it to seem like the light bulb die cut was actually emitting light.  Once I blended the inks, I proceeded to stamp my sentiment in Versafine Onxy Black Ink from the My Favorite Things "Watts Up?" Stamp Set and set it aside to dry.  


I then moved onto die-cutting all of my pieces from the MFT "Lightbulb" Die set.  I die-cut the light bulb out of velum, all of the silver pieces were die-cut in white card stock and then heat embossed in Ranger Detailed Silver Embossing powder.  The inside of the heart piece was also die-cut in white card stock but colored in with a red copic marker and then coated with Wink of Stella Clear and Glossy Accents.

To finish my card, I applied my panel onto a black mat and then onto a white card base.  Lastly, I applied some sequins with some Ranger Multi Medium Matte Glue.

Hope you guys enjoyed this card.  I can totally see using this for a Valentine's Day Card!  Never to early to start on those :)

Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Trish

5 comments: