Skip to main content

Love "Deeply"

Hello, Jessica here!  I hope you enjoyed our week of Design Team introductions!  I'm so excited to be working with these super talented ladies and I hope their creations inspired you!

Today I decided to mix different companies and products to create a card!  I recently picked up this Paper Smooches stamp set from Butterfly Reflections Ink because I loved all the sentiments!  I haven't seen many of those sentiments before and I love that fun cursive font.
I saw the 'love deeply' sentiment and decided to use it to go in a little different direction...here's my card:
Jessica
I started off by blending Ranger distress inks in Black Soot, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, and the newest color: Mermaid Lagoon to create a deep ocean scene.  I stamped the sentiment onto the top right corner of the panel and then heat-embossed it with silver embossing powder.  Then I colored the adorable Lawn Fawn whales from Whale You Be Mine with copic markers and used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  I adhered them to the bottom left corner of the card with foam mounting tape and used a clear wink of stella glitter brush to color little air bubbles leading from the whales to the top of the card.  The liquid in the wink of stella pen moves some of the distress ink around creating a lighter colored circle.  Next I added glossy accents to each bubble to give it a little more dimension.  I also die-cut a heart from the same set and colored it with a copic marker before adding wink of stella and glossy accents to give the card a little pop of color.  To finish the card I trimmed it down and mounted the panel to a top-folding A2 white card base.

I hope you enjoyed my card and that it inspires you to mix some of your favorites companies together to create something unexpected!  Visit Butterfly Reflections Ink and pick up some new stamps sets today!  Vanessa has the newest releases from Altenew, WPlus9, and more!

Thanks for visiting!
  

Comments

  1. Ahhh I love how you did this! Distress inks are so fun to play with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww...great use of that sentiment. Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so cool! I just noticed the glossy accents and it gives the card such a nice, fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite sets! That background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great background! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card! I love the background! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel