Sunday, July 5, 2015

Hello Gorgeous!

Good morning!  Jessica here with a pair of cards featuring a new stamp set from WPlus9!

bri3
I love the Watercolored Anemones stamp from WPlus9 and was super excited to try it out!  I decided to try stamping on colored cardstock with a layer of white pigment ink beneath the colored inks.
bri1
For the first card I stamped the bouquet from Watercolored Anemones on pink cardstock with white pigment ink.  Then I used two shades of green pigment ink and two shades of pink pigment ink to restamp the flowers, leaves, and stems.  Technically I think you're supposed to completely cover the white ink when you stamp over it but I kinda like the shading it adds when a sliver of the white shows through.  I used the darker pink pigment ink to stamp the word 'gorgeous' from Hand-Lettered Hello on the panel and then die-cut the word 'hello' from gold glitter paper.  The die-cut word is a matching die to the Hand-Lettered Hello stamp set.

To assemble the card I layered the panel over a strip of dotted vellum and a piece of darker pink cardstock.  I added a little bit of gold metallic thread and then mounted it to a kraft card base with foam mounting tape!  I love all the pink and gold!
bri2
For the second card I decided to see how well the colors would show up on black cardstock.  I think the next time I try this I might use my MISTI to stamp a few more layers of white pigment ink as I think the colors would stand out more but I'm still happy with how it turned out.  I stamped the bouquet from Watercolored Anemones with a single layer of white pigment ink and then used the same pink and green pigment inks to color the image.

I used the same Hand-Lettered Hello stamp set to stamp the sentiment with versamark and then heat-embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I layered some gold glitter paper behind the black panel to help the sentiment pop.  Then I took a piece of pink cardstock cut to an A2 size and wrapped metallic gold thread around it.  I taped the thread in place so that it would keep the flared pattern.  I mounted the pink cardstock to a top-folding white cardbase and then adhered the gold and black panels with foam mounting tape at an angle.

So it wasn't quite what the stamp set was intended for, but I really like the way both cards turned out and I hope you like them, too!  Thanks so much for visiting and have a fabulous rest of the weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love these. Love how you did the layers. It adds so much interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful results, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Gorgeous!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty!! I love how you stamped on the black with the same colors. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete