Monday, December 14, 2015

Wish big...

Hello, friends! 

Emily here for you on this Monday... We're so close to Christmas, but I have a non-Christmas project for you today. (I hope that's okay!!) We celebrated our niece's first birthday this past weekend, and I created a special shaker tag to adorn her gift instead of the usual card. I didn't want to spend a ton of time on it, as I knew it would probably get tossed in the trash, but I wanted something cute to decorate her gift.  

Let's get started, shall we?


I started with a panel of watercolor paper, which I die cut using a scalloped rectangle die. I heat embossed the sweet little princess image from Your Next Stamp's Little Darling stamp set in silver embossing powder. (Her birthday party theme was "winter ONE-derland," so how perfect is this little princess from this stamp set?!) I then heat embossed the sentiment from Create a Smile's Make a Wish stamp set in silver before I began my watercoloring. After I had completed all of my heat embossing, I watercolored the image with some Zig Clean Color Markers (shocker, huh?).  


In order to create the shaker pocket, I simply took a plastic stamp pocket and placed the watercolored panel inside it (after I had written the message for our niece on the back). I used the Fuse tool to seal the two long sides a bit closer to the main panel; I then placed some Cherry Blossom sequins mix inside, added a few snowflake sequins from my stash to match the detail on her dress, and sealed up the top. The final step was to punch a hole through all of the layers and thread some twine through to have something from which to hang it on the gift. 

That's it for me today! I hope you didn't mind my slight detour outside of the world of all things Christmas... it was kind of nice to create something that was just sweet and fun.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Hoping they saved it for her and that it did not really get thrown away!

    ReplyDelete