Friday, January 8, 2016

Watercolor Card with Adorable Elephant


Happy Friday! Amy (aka The Craft Bunny) here for my first post on Butterfly Reflections Ink. I'm super excited to join Vanessa's wonderful team! I'm a relatively new cardmaker as I only started this hobby in 2015 but I am absolutely addicted!! Well, if you're reading this post, I bet you are too! :) 

Today I'm sharing a watercolor card using MFT's Adorable Elephant. I have been dying to use it with my Gansai Tambi Watercolor! Here is my watercolor card.


  1. On a piece of watercolor paper, paint a watercolor background
  2. Sandwich my watercolor piece between some white printer paper, run it through my Big Shot to flatten out the panel
  3. Stamp the flying heart-shaped balloons (no tails). I have used Versafine Onyx Black ink. Apply masks when necessary
  4. Stamp the elephant in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and color with Copics. I used some cool gray colors
  5. Fussy cut the elephant. Carefully run the edges of the image with a C4 marker. Mount with foam tape
  6. Draw in shadows with the same Copic markers. Draw in the hair of the elephant with a black pen. Add highlights on the balloons with a white gel pen. Lastly, add glossy accents on all the balloons for some added shine

I also worked on the inside of the card since there's no sentiment on the front. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink and I dropped watercolor all over it. Here's a look at it. I think it looks very cool.


I hope you like my card. Thank you for stopping by and have a good weekend!!



2 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I LOVE how you mimicked the outside by the watercolor on the inside. Great design!!

    ReplyDelete