Happy Friday! Amy (aka The Craft Bunny) here for my first post on Butterfly Reflections Ink. I'm super excited to join Vanessa's wonderful team! I'm a relatively new cardmaker as I only started this hobby in 2015 but I am absolutely addicted!! Well, if you're reading this post, I bet you are too! :)
Today I'm sharing a watercolor card using MFT's Adorable Elephant. I have been dying to use it with my Gansai Tambi Watercolor! Here is my watercolor card.
- On a piece of watercolor paper, paint a watercolor background
- Sandwich my watercolor piece between some white printer paper, run it through my Big Shot to flatten out the panel
- Stamp the flying heart-shaped balloons (no tails). I have used Versafine Onyx Black ink. Apply masks when necessary
- Stamp the elephant in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and color with Copics. I used some cool gray colors
- Fussy cut the elephant. Carefully run the edges of the image with a C4 marker. Mount with foam tape
- Draw in shadows with the same Copic markers. Draw in the hair of the elephant with a black pen. Add highlights on the balloons with a white gel pen. Lastly, add glossy accents on all the balloons for some added shine
I also worked on the inside of the card since there's no sentiment on the front. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink and I dropped watercolor all over it. Here's a look at it. I think it looks very cool.