Friday, January 22, 2016

Watercolor Safari in Children's Book

Hi! Amy (The Craft Bunny) here today with another baby shower card. These days my friends have lots of good news. I'm making baby cards one after another :)

This time I have made a soft no-line watercolor card. The look is like a children's book. To achieve the technique of no-line watercoloring, my Zig Clean Color Pens helped me a ton!!! I first laid down the shadows with the marker, then I used a water brush to fade out the color. The trick is to limit the amount of water on the brush. If I have too much water coming out of the brush, the image will still bleed. Don't ask me how I know...


Here's a closer look at the animals.


  1. Stamp the animals on watercolor paper with Pumice Stone distress ink. The stamp set is from MFT Sweet Safari set
  2. Color them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and a water brush. I don't have all the colors so I mixed color when necessary
  3. Die cut them with the coordinating die
  4. Blend MFT Summer Splash ink in the center of a new cardstock. Die cut with Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackable
  5. Blend MFT Lemon Drop ink on some scrap watercolor paper, stamp the sentiment with MFT Chocolate Brown ink. Die cut a flag shape with Die-namics Tag Builder Blueprints 4
  6. Adhere everything as shown to finish off


Hope you like my card! Have a great weekend!


3 comments: