Thursday, April 28, 2016

Hello, Dahlia

Hello, my friends! Thank you for visiting today on my, Janette Kausen's, last post as a regular BRI design team member. As sad as I am that I will not be posting here regularly, I am excited to see what the newest design team members bring to the table. I have no doubt Vanessa chose team newbies with fresh bright perspectives. Yay, I can't wait! They will be announced in the next few days. Watch for their posts next week and show them some love!

Now on to the goodness I have for you today...


I watercolored this Beautiful Bouquet: Dahlias stamp by W Plus 9 after stamping in black ink and clear embossing on watercolor paper. I am by no means a master watercolorer, but when you have embossed outlines the project is simplified significantly. 


I next stamped the "Hello" sentiment from the same Dahlia stamp set on vellum and added music notes from My Favorite Things Strike Up the Band stamp set.  I also added a few sporadic music notes around the flowers. Next, I protected the flowers and splattered the background with the shimmery Silk Luster in Cool Caribbean. Then, I used an X-acto knife and cut just along the edge of the flowers where I wanted to tuck in the vellum and glitter cardstock, and adhered them on the back. Finally, I rounded one corner and attached the framing papers in hot pink cardstock and Lawn Fawn's  black stripe from Let's Polka in the Meadow.



I saved this card for today's post because I thought it was an appropriate way to finish my term. Shortly after I began my term I was fortunate enough to meet up with Vanessa, the woman behind BRI, and a few of the other team members at CHA in Anaheim, California. We had a blast getting to know each other and "Hello" by Adele became our mantra. Whenever I hear that song, I think back on my girls, that trip, and the fun times we had. I am so looking forward to the next time I get to say, or rather sing, "Hello" with them again.

See you soon, my friends! Please, take some time for you and enjoy your state of Creative Bliss.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Janette....I have enjoyed your creations. =)

    ReplyDelete