Saturday, July 9, 2016

Smile - It Looks Good on You

Hello! Good morning, Rubeena here with a cheerful card for you! The past few months, I've had a lot of fun using watercolors so it's no surprise I used it for today's card :)

I started off by stamping the daisies from one of the recent Altenew releases: Spring Daisy. I stamped it with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I fussy cut them and added loose watercolors.


BRI 03

  For the background, I used a striped black and white pattern paper Let's Polka in the Meadow and trimmed it down to size A2 (4.25" x 5.5") and added it to my white cardbase. I die-cut watercolor paper with the frame die from MFT Stamps' Die-namics Blueprints #27. I added blue watercolors and then splattered with gold watercolors from Gansai Tambi Starry Colors (sooo pretty!). Once it was dry, I glued it over the pattern paper.

BRI 02

  Separately, I stamped the smile outline word from Halftone Smile with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I die-cut using the coordinating Smile die. Using the Gansai Tambi Starry Colors from earlier, I added touch of gold watercolors and went for an ombre look. I stamped 'it looks good on you' on black cardstock with VersaMark ink again and heat embossed with the same gold embossing powder. I trimmed it down. To finish it off, I arranged all the images and sentiments over the card base with foam tape.

BRI 01
I hope you enjoyed today's card! Don't forget, Butterfly Reflections Ink has a 25% off sale going on until tomorrow night! No code needed! Some exclusions apply. Check IG or Facebook for more details. :) Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Ruby! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked it again Ruby! ;) absolutely stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love the color of the flowers they're perfect. The striped background and gold really makes everything pop. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete