Wednesday, August 3, 2016

You're the Coolest!

Hi there!  Can you believe it is August already??   I've been making a lot of summer/tropical cards lately - I just can't stop!  A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to visit with Vanessa and see the Butterfly Reflections, Ink. store live and in person!!   Yay me!!  We had fun organizing, and I fell in love with the Fun in the Sun paper pad by Pebbles and had to purchase it.  The beach ball paper made me think of a much-loved MFT stamp set, and the card came together quickly after that!

penguin | beach ball | tropical | palm tree | summer | my favorite things | mft stamps | stamping | cardmaking | papercrafts | papercraft | handmade card | butterfly reflections, ink. | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com
SUPPLIES 



I began by layering several of the patterned papers included in the 6x6 pad onto my card base.  For my focal panel, I used some Distress Inks to blend a subtle sand and sky background.   I added some detail to the sand with Copics and to the tree with a white gel pen.   I adhered the stamped images and stamped the sentiment at the top.
penguin | beach ball | tropical | palm tree | summer | my favorite things | mft stamps | stamping | cardmaking | papercrafts | papercraft | handmade card | butterfly reflections, ink. | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com

Hope you've enjoyed my card today!   See you again next week!

1 comment: