Monday, September 5, 2016

Enjoy Life's Simple Pleasures

Happy Monday/Labor Day!!!  It's Laurie with my first project as a Butterfly Inker!! You have no idea how excited I am about being a part of this crazy talented team!! I am so humbled to be working along side these amazing designers!  I also happen to love Vanessa and her shop!!  Ok, let's get to it, shall we???

I used images from the City Streets Stamp Set from Sunny Studio Stamps and my MISTI to create a little scene.

I then stamped the same images on to some full sticky Post-It Notes to create masks.  


After fussy cutting and applying the masks, it was time to do some ink blending!! I am somewhat obsessed with Seedless Preserves, Milled Lavender and Spun Sugar Distress Inks.  It gives such a pretty evening sky effect.  I used Hickory Smoke Distress Ink for the "street".


I removed the masks and did some simple colouring with some alcohol markers.  I trimmed down the panel to 3.5 X 6 inches.  I DID NOT want to cut any of the stamping off!  So I had to make a custom card base.  I simply cut 2 pieces of white cardstock at 6 X 4.25 inches and made a half inch score line on one of them (which will act as the fold).  I used some double sided tape to adhere the pieces together.


I used foam tape to apply my coloured and blended scene. For the sentiment I used the Sentiments Die from Waffle Flower Crafts.  Let me just say that I LOVE this little set!!  It was basically a last minute decision to buy it but wow, I use this all the time!!! These little strips fit different lengths of sentiments. And not just from Waffle Flower sets!!  I highly recommend it!!


For the finishing touches I used the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Overlay Pen,  a ton of Glossy Accents and some super sweet Matte White Enamel Dots.  So finally, I am done babbling and will show you the final result!!



I hoped you enjoyed my first post!!  Thank you for stopping by!!

Laurie








2 comments: