Skip to main content

I Heart Winter

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday, and thanks for joining me today! It's Cassie here, and I have a fun Lawn Fawn card for you today. I know what you're thinking...the weather is just turning to fall and I'm talking about winter. I'm being that crazy lady. But honestly, I love thinking up some winter cards before the snow starts falling because it gets me in gear to send out cards on time!

Let's take a look at the card.
I'm absolutely adoring the new Snow Cool stamp set that Lawn Fawn just came out with. What I really love about it (aside from how dang cute it is!) is that it goes really well with the set from last year Toboggan Together. Both sets feature adorable little penguins and awesome scene building images. For this card I wanted it to look like this little penguin was daydreaming about all the fun things that he was going to do when winter finally arrived.
 
I started the card by stamping a bunch of little images from each set onto a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock. I started with the larger images and filled in with the smaller images. Once I had stamped everything I went to town using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I've been turning to these a lot lately because of how easy they are to use and how beautiful they always turn out. When everything was dry I cut down my piece and used the Stitched Hillside Borders dies to make the bottom wavy like a thought bubble. I colored the penguin in using the same markers as the other little images as well.

Next I stamped the falling snow image from the Snow Cool set onto a A2 size card panel. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder, and used Chipped Sapphire and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks to blend a night time sky. I cut another piece of the Bristol smooth cardstock with the Stitched Hillside Borders dies to make a snow mound for the penguin to sit on. To make the little thought bubbles coming from his head I simply traced small circles and cut them out of a scrap I had from the pattern I made for the day dream. I stamped my sentiment using the Yeti Set Go set, and colored in the heart using the same pink I had for the present.

When everything was dry I put the card together using my fave liquid adhesive Tombow's Mono Multi Liquid Glue. I love this stuff because it gave me time to play around and make sure I had the placement just right before it set. And that's it for the card! Thank you so much for joining me on my first post as a Butterfly Reflections Ink design team member! I hope you have a great day and I'll see you soon with another card!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel