Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Toy Shelf


The holidays are getting closer and closer...and my children are circling their favorites in catalogs and spending a lot of time perusing the toy aisles in anticipation of what might arrive under the tree. Karen B. from The Bald Dragonfly here today, bringing a cute card inspired by a child's toy shelf


I started with a turquoise card base with the fold to the left, rather than the top. I then die cut a white scalloped border and the "shelf" from MFT's Die-namics Blueprint #27 from white cardstock. (I love the sweet stitching and dainty scallops of this versatile die set!-how about you?) I then stamped, Copic colored and die cut the little girl and stuffed bear from Neat & Tangled's Better Together Stamp Set and dies. I also added some "stuffed toys" from Lawn Fawn's Cheery Christmas Stamp Set. (There are dies for these too, however, I fussy cut these images with a white border.)


I tucked all the toys in the shelves, and then adhered the girl with dimensional adhesive. To finish the card, I stamped a greeting from Better Together and outlined the sentiment with a white Signo Uni-ball pen.

Just a quick reminder, if you see something that is out of stock at the store, I encourage you to click the "Put Me On The Waiting List" button so that Vanessa knows you absolutely need this item and try to order more!

3 comments:

  1. This is sooo sweet, Karen! Love how you were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how CUTE is this?! Love it Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a brilliant use for those frame dies! Karen rocks!

    ReplyDelete