Thursday, May 11, 2017

Mermaid to be Awesome!!!



"You Mermaid to be Awesome" I love that sentiment and the
lovely mermaids from the Sunny Studio Stamps Magical Mermaids .
This card is very special because is for a #1 Mermaid fan... my sweet 
daughter Leah! I hope you like it as much as she did...


For this card I did a very cool technique I learned on Youtube.
I started with a card base from Desert Storm cardstock, I cut it in
7.5 and 4.25 inches.  With a score board I score every half inch
along the card horizontally, I flip the card over and start swiping 
different browns of  Distress ink along the card base... it is 
amazing the look you get... It looks just like wood.


I measure and die cut the Circle Dies starting from the middle circle
and glue Acetate to the back of the circles to give the feel of a window.
I stamped the three Sunny Studio Magical Mermaids and sea animals
with the Mini Misti because I wanted very black images, I color all the
images with markers in vibrant colors and added a little sparkle with
my Wink of Stella Clear Marker.  For the background of the windows
I wanted to create an ocean realistic look so I used Oxide inks in colors
 Broken China and Faded Jeans mixed with water and glue my images.
And finally for a more Nautical look I added 
Nuvo Crystal Drops Pale Gold around the windows.



I hope you like my very Sweet and Nautical card... and to all the
Moms an early Happy Mother´s Day!
Hugs

Waleska

2 comments: