Monday, July 31, 2017

Hope...this makes you smile!

Hi everyone!! I'm so happy to be a guest on the BRI blog today!! I used a few different companies for my card today, so let's get started!

I started by picking out quite a few Altenew Ink colours.  I chose:  Volcano Lake,  Mountain MistButtercreamFrayed LeafSoft LilacRose QuartzPuffy Heart and a little bit of Sea Glass.  I use the mini ink cubes so this is an affordable way to have lots of colours!!

I stamped the solid image flowers from the Doodle Flowers 2 Stamp Set from Jane's Doodles onto a white card panel.  (This stamp set is ON SALE AND IN STOCK while I'm typing this!!)  This set is so pretty and whimsical. To add a bit of detail to the flowers, I used coloured pencils and basically flicked colour from the centre of the petals out.  Super easy but makes a world of difference!

I cut a bit off the bottom using one of the dies from the Scallop Border Dies from Pretty Pink Posh.  This set is new to me and I love it!  I foam mounted the stamped panel onto a top fold, A2 card base, also white.


The sentiment I chose comes from the Hope Stamp Set from Concord and 9th.  I inked it up using Soft Granite and Charcoal ink from Hero Arts. This created a very subtle gradient.  Of course I had to load it up with Clear Sparkle

For embellishments, I decided to use a little Gloss White Crystal Drops in the centres of the flowers and quite a few drops of the Metallic Silver Lining Crystal Drops to fill in some blank spaces.


I stamped the remainder of the sentiment on the inside of the card along with a few of the flowers.


I had so much fun stamping this card out!  I hope it made YOU smile!!


Thank you so much for stopping by today!! Have a great week!!

Laurie




1 comment:

  1. Really pretty. I love the soft colors and that curved edge cut.

    ReplyDelete