Monday, July 24, 2017

Layered Stamping with Distress Oxides

Hi crafty friends!!
Kari with you to share this card featuring the Budding Thanks set from Altenew.  Their stamp sets, particular the layering sets are so beautiful, but they can be a bit intimidating.  I didn't let that stop me in purchasing this set, with its coordinating dies.  



There are many inks you could use to ink up these beautiful flowers, but I wanted to use Distress Oxide inks.  They are great for full coverage inking since there is a fusion of dye and pigment ink.  

I wanted to keep this card fairly clean and simple, because I wanted that flower to take center stage. 



For my sentiment, I used the set crafty friends also from Altenew.  I also wanted to an "ombre" look to the sentiment as well, so I used both the Worn Lipstick and Candied Apple Distress Oxide inks to achieve that look. I also stamped an additional leaf and die cut its coordinating die and popped it up to give the leaf a little dimension.

I die cut my main panel from MFT's Blueprints 27 die, and to finish the card off, I added some PPP Sparkling Clear Confetti sequins using Ranger Multi Matte Medium.  



Hope this inspires you today to get out your layered sets :)  Thanks for stopping by!!
Kari



No comments:

Post a Comment