Monday, August 28, 2017

Galaxy Background Shaker!

Hi all!  Welcome back!  Today marks my official last post for this term for the Butterfly Reflection Ink DT!  It went SO FAST!  4 months flew by, I'll tell ya!  But, I am so happy for the opportunity to design for Vanessa's shop and make some new friends too!

I wanted to go out with a "bang" and create a galaxy background, but step it up and make a shaker card from it as well!

I love creating galaxy backgrounds, and they really have grown in popularity!  I have created them in the past using distress inks, and my ink blending tool, but I decided to step out of my comfort zone, and create one using my Gansai Tambi watercolor set.  These are high quality watercolors, so much so, they intimidate me because they are so pigmented!  But, I still went for it!  You can't tell from the photo, but I added lots of, orange, blue and yellow, and really all that is coming through is the yellow, but that is alright as it turned out looking like a realistic galaxy sky!  There is also  silver and gold metallic colors in this palette, and I added those throughout after I added the black, and it really adds a nice sheen that catches the light!

To really bring my galaxy to life, I added some stars by adding some white paint to an acrylic block and watered it down slightly, then flicked on the paint to create the splattered starry effect!   I set my panel aside to completely dry, and once it was, I moved on to create the rest of my card.

I die cut my watercolor piece with the largest Scalloped Rectangle die from Lawn Fawn, and I also used the Square Peek A Boo Die-namics die from MFT to create a window that we will turn into a shaker element.  First, I worked on my sentiment which combines two stamp sets.  The "you are a rare find" come from the You Are Here set from Concord and 9th and the "friend" come from the  Best Ever Greetings set from The Stamp Market.  I stamped the first half in black Versafine ink and the second half, I heat embossed it in Gold.  I did all of my stamping onto my white card base.  

I added some clear acetate to my window and added some foam adhesive on the back of my galaxy panel.  Then I added some Mini Iridescent Star Confetti as my shaker bits onto my card base, carefully removed the paper backings on my foam adhesive and adhered my panel to my card base.

As a final touch, I added some of that star confetti here and there all over the front of my card, and when it tilt the card, that confetti catches the light just right.  Love how this one came out!

Well, that's it!  Thank you all for commenting along the way on all of my projects this term, and thank you again Vanessa for the opportunity to design for your shop!!  I hope to share with you all here on the blog when spots need a fill in :)  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment