Skip to main content

HAPPY HEART DAY!

Hi friends!!  It has been a little while since I've been on the BRI blog since my term ended in the summer of last year - first I can't believe that saying "last year" referring to 2017 has happened!  So crazy!!  Hope you all had a wonderful and joyous holiday season!! 

OK - back to my post for today - I wanted to create something for what seems natural for the next holiday - which is Valentine's Day.  That is also crazy - time is super flying by!! 
As soon as I saw the Valentine release from Lawn Fawn, I knew that a lot of it I wanted, and happy that I am able to share a project using some of those goodies today.


First - I die cut a scallop square tag from Pretty Pink Posh and I stamped out the jar image from How You Bean? stamp set with my Jet Black ink from Lawn Fawn - this ink is Copic Marker friendly.  Then, I stamped the Conversation Hearts from the Add-on stamp set. From there, I just randomly chose soft colors that would represent these conversation hearts well, and colored them in quickly.  Once I was happy with my coloring, I stamped onto the hearts some of the phrases that come in that same Add-on stamp set in Narwhal Ink which is a soft gray.  I didn't want to stamp them in black and them look too harsh. I also added some shading around the jar for the look of glass as well as some shading at the bottom of the jar for some grounding.  

For the lid, I stamped the image onto a piece of Watercolor Wishes pattern paper, and added shading with the Peach colored Copics I used for the hearts, and then used the coordinating die to cut it out and added it directly on top of my jar.  To finish up my card, I die cut some more pattern papers from MFT Blueprints 27, Hero Arts Infinity Rectangles, and also die cut a banner , and assembled it all together.  Before adding it to my card base I stamped my sentiment "Happy Heart Day" and then added foam adhesive to my focal images and adhered it to my other pattern papers.  For final touches, I added some highlight accents with my white gel pen and also added some clear shimmer with my Wink of Stella shimmer pen.  


I hope this inspires you to start creating Valentine's Day cards :)  Thank you all for taking time out of your day to visit, and I hope to be back soon!!  Until then, Happy 2018!

Kari







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel