I'll be using Pretty Pink Posh angel friends stamp set. I must admit that I bought this stamp set in early December with every intention of making holiday cards for my happy mail friends, but life got in the way, and I didn't make a single Christmas card this past year. Ha! Sigh. I was determined to use this stamp set though, so I had to think a little bit out of the box. I decided to make a thank you card, and hand write my own sentiment in the banner, since all the sentiments included were holiday themed.
Here's what I came up with:
I love how it came out! The angel images are so cute, I just had to put them on a card. I love being able to use holiday themed products on non-holiday projects. This works...right?
Here's how I made my card:
- I stamped and copic colored 2 angels and the banner from the PPP angel friends stamp set. Then I fussy cut them out. I also added some glitter to their dresses, and coated their wings with Nuvo drops. (The Nuvo drops ended up cracking a bit, but I love the way it makes their wings look!)
- I hand wrote the sentiment in my banner.
- I die cut a piece of white cardstock with a stitched rectangle die.
- I used distress inks and a cloud stencil to make my background.
- I die cut a heart towards the top middle.
- To create an inlay look, I glued the heart directly onto my card base. I then popped up the background panel using foam tape.
- I die cut the thanks sentiment from black cardstock 3 times, and glued them together for dimension.
- First, I attached the banner: I used foam squares in the center of the banner, and glued the ends right onto the background panel. Next, I glued on the thanks sentiment to the heart. The I attached the angels. I glued the hands to the banner, and popped the rest of their bodies with foam squares.
- To finish off the card, I added a few sequins, and a few tiny drops of Nuvo drops.
- Pretty Pink Posh Angel Friends stamp set.
- Memento Tuxedo black ink
- Copic markers
- Illustrated Faith precision black pen
- Wink of Stella glitter brush tip marker clear
- Nuvo crystal drops white blizzard
- My Favorite Things Cloud stencil
- Tim Holtz distress inks in spun sugar, shaded lilac, tumbled glass
- Hero Arts Nesting Hearts infinity dies
- Hero Arts Thanks stamp & cut
- Lucy's Things sequin mix
That's it for me friends! I hope you like my card, and I hope you are inspired to use your holiday products in other ways!
Have an awesome day!