Skip to main content

"Magical" 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout // Doodlebug Designs Fairy Tale Collection & Reverse Confetti

Hi, crafty friends....Heather here to share a "magical" scrapbook layout featuring Doodlebug Designs "Fairy Tales" collection and Reverse Confetti die set. 
The picture is of my daughter and her friends at her 10th birthday unicorn party.  My husband built a lemonade stand last summer and we turned it into a photo booth for her and her friends to have fun with.   So, when I saw this collection, I knew it would be perfect for my photos from the party!
 

 

 
I started with a piece of white cardstock and created a messy mixed media background using Distress Oxide Inks.  This tried and true technique is so simple and easy, it is definitely my go to when I use white cardstock.
I used Picked Raspberry, Broken China, and Seedless Preserves.  These colors match Doodlebug patterns so well!. To create some texture, I used a stencil from Echo Park called Geometric Heart and texture paste from Dreamweavers.  This texture paste is one of my favorites because it is translucent.  Which means it dries clear and picks up the color beneath it. It is a subtle detail, but adds just enough texture behind my main design elements.
 
 The idea of making banners popped in my head after I opened the Odds & Ends pack of embellishments.  There are a few banner die cuts included, but I wanted to create several banners and thought the Heart Banner Confetti Cuts die set from Reverse Confetti was perfect!  They are so cute and versatile!  They can be stacked together or used alone which is what I did....a couple of the dies also cut little hearts in the center which allows the color on my background to peek through! I cut about four dozen of the banner pieces from the Fairy Tales 6x6 paper pad.
 

 
After arranging the die cuts in every possible way, I decided on (4) rows just straight across and temporarily with adhesive so I could stitch them down with my sewing machine.  I liked the idea of bending the up the banners for dimension.  I added an iridescent crystal from Studio Katia to each tiny hole on either side of the banner die cuts which act as sort of the "pins" holding my banners up. Plus, they are so sparkly!
 
 
For my title, I pulled one of the large word die cuts from the same Odds & Ends embellishment pack and placed one of the phrases underneath from one of the cut apart papers from the 6 x 6 paper pad. 
 
 
I really wanted to use one on the cute paper clips from Shimelle Glitter Girl but they didn't fit right due to the direction the unicorns were facing in, so, I took a breath, and pulled the paper clip off!  I know...very scary, but it came off easy enough and then I was able to place the unicorn over my title on top of a bed of blue thread from my stash.
 
 

To finish up, I added clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and Bella Blvd puffy stars  and Freckled Fawn scattered about the page.
For even more sparkle....I broke out my Nuvo shimmer pen and went shimmer crazy! on my title, die cut hearts, presents...can't have enough sparkly goodness when they are unicorns involved! 
Thanks so much for stopping by...I hope you like what you see and are inspired to pull out a die set to make your own embellishments!  Head over to the online store and take a look at what Reverse Confetti has to offer and pick up some of the adorable Fairy Tales Collection from Doodlebug Designs too!
Please feel free to leave a comment or question...I'd love to know what you think!
Have a great week!
Heather.
 

 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 

 
 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel