Skip to main content

July Mood Board Inky Inspirations

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Hope your week is going well! Today I went a little crazy with the AWESOME July Mood Board from Butterfly Reflections, Ink and made a ton of cards with that as my inspiration. In case you haven't seen it, here's the mood board for this month.


Loving it, right?! So for today's post, I'm going to start talking about all of the different inks I used. I wanted to make a variety of cards with a variety of techniques so I chose Distress Oxide Inks (with one regular distress ink in there, too), Hero Arts Dye Inks, and new to me, Catherine Pooler Inks. Below is a picture with all of the colors that I chose.


Let's start with the Catherine Pooler inks, Stone Blue, SkylightPolished, and Rose Petals. As I said, this was my first time using these inks and I was SO EXCITED because so many people say wonderful things about them. And let me tell you, they're all true! I really appreciate that you can switch easily between colors without contaminating the next color. I could stamp the Stone Blue, and with one swipe of my Lawn Fawn Stamp Shammy, I could stamp the Rose Petals without any problems! Saves so much time in cleaning stamps if you're going to be doing a lot of multi-color stamping.


For this card I used the Catherine Pooler Inks, Detailed Diamonds stamp set from The Stamp Market, and a sentiment from Patterned Polka Dot Stamp Set, also from The Stamp Market. Like I said, it's so easy to stamp multiple colors with this ink that this card took me no time at all.

Next up, are the cards using the Hero Arts Dye Inks in Fresh Peach, Navy, Pale Tomato, and Tide Pool.


For this card I used Perfect Pieces Background from The Stamp Market. I do have to say that the cleaning off time took a lot longer with these inks, and I used a stamp cleaner, baby wipe, and stamp shammy to fully clean off between stamping the different colors. I then die cut a Stitched Heart, and stamped it with a Gina K sentiment. I then heat embossed a sentiment from MFT Essential Sentiments Stamp Set using Brutus Monroe Alabaster Embossing Powder and adhered that over the die cut heart piece.


For this card, I used the same Hero Arts Dye Ink colors and stamped with the WPlus9 Feathers & Florals stamp set. This set is one of my favorites, total must have in my opinion! It also has layering options, but I kept it simple here and just stamped the base layer of all of the flowers and leaves. The sentiment is stamped in Versamark Onyx Black Ink and the stamped panel is layered over black and gold glitter card stock.


Last card with using the Hero Arts Dye Inks starts with using the Concord and 9th Dotty Turnabout Stamp. I used all 4 turns of this stamp for the background and then cut out Love You Script Die from Pretty Pink Posh and layered that over vellum to help the sentiment stand out.

Next up, are my Distress Oxide Ink Cards. Of course, I got inky with these and make some backgrounds! I used Peacock FeathersAbandoned Coral, and Faded Jeans Distress Oxides Inks, along with Dried Marigold Distress Ink.


For this background, I used only the Distress Oxide Inks and ink smooshed them onto Ranger White Yupo Paper and then using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, applied Distress Micro Glaze over top, then buffed it off to create a shiny, inky background. I decided to make a shaker card using the Avery Elle Reversed Pinked Elle-Ments frame die. I popped the frame up with Foam Tape and added in Pretty Pink Posh Seed Beads in Blush, Aquamarine, Cotton Candy, and Pewter. For the sentiment, I used Congrats Script Die from Pretty Pink Posh and MFT More Essential Sentiments


Here is another ink smooshed background on Watercolor Paper with the distress oxide inks and the regular distress ink. The sentiment is from Gina K Doodle Sayings and the flowers from Pink Fresh Studios Fleur 1 Stamp Set. The Fleur 1 Stamp set is another favorite of mine!


Here I used the Fleur 1 Stamp Set from Pink Fresh Studios, stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed with Brutus Monroe Icicle Embossing Powder. I used Zig Water Brush to use the Distress Oxide Inks as watercolor, and colored all of the heat embossed images. I then used the coordinating dies and arranged them on my card panel with foam adhesive.


Phew! What a day! I hope you were a bit inspired by this month's Mood Board and my take on all these cards! I'm going to go lie down now... HAHA! :)

Aloha,
Lindsay









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel