Skip to main content

Pinkfresh Studios Christmas in August!

Hi everyone! Lindsay here on the Butterfly Reflections, Ink blog today. Now I know, it's normally Christmas in July, but I just recently got some of the cutest sets from Pinkfresh Studios and I just have to share them. I mean, it's never too early for cardmakers to get started on Christmas cards, right!?


For my first Christmas card of the season, I used Pinkfresh Studio's Merry and Bright Toy Shop Stamp Set and the coordinating Merry and Bright Toy Shop Die. This die creates an adorable store front in which you can place all of the wonderful elements from the stamp set. It also leaves you with a great space for a bold sentiment, also included in the stamp set.


Before die cutting, I inked up a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of white card stock with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink using a Mini Ink Blending Tool over the entire panel. After die cutting the Merry and Bright Toy Shop Die, I used a Detailed Water Brush to add water to the details in the die cut. This causes the ink in those areas to react and change colors. I picked up the excess water with a paper towel and it really helped the details stand out against the inked up background. After that was all dry, I added my sentiment with Versamark Embossing Ink then embossed with Brutus Monroe Alabaster Embossing Powder and my Heat Tool


For the background inside the windows, I lined up another piece of white cardstock behind the inked and die cut background. I drew an outline of the windows with a pencil, so I knew where to ink the background and place the images inside the windows. I inked the inside part of the windows with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Ink to create an illusion of warmth within the toy store. I then stamped the lights from the Merry and Bright Toy Shop Stamp Set using Versafine Onyx Black Ink



While I had the Versafine Onyx Black Ink out, I stamped all of the images from the Merry and Bright Toy Shop Stamp Set and colored them using the Pinkfresh Studio Liquid Watercolors. I stuck mostly with browns, greens, and reds to keep with a vintage, classic Christmas theme. I fussy cut out all the images using Kushgrip Spring Cut Detail Scissors and played around with the layout for a while. 


After finalizing where I wanted all of the images to go, I adhered them down with Mono Permanent Tape Adhesives and then added the toy shop front to the base with Foam Tape.


As a final touch, I added Nuvo Jewel Drops in Key Lime and Strawberry Coulis to the string of light in the background of the windows.


Thanks for stopping by today! Maybe I've inspired you to get started on your Christmas cards a little early this year! Have a great week!

Aloha,
Lindsay






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel