Skip to main content

"The heart of my home" 12 x 12 Scrapbook layout //Pink Paislee Auburn Lane

 
Hi, friends...Heather here to share a scrapbook layout with you...Its still Summer, but this time of year, I am counting the days until fall!  I love fall..it is my favorite season....therefore, I couldn't wait any longer to use the gorgeous Auburn Lane collection from Pink Paislee...This collection was released a couple of months ago and can be used for any occasion, but there are definitely fall accents and the colors are beautiful!  The picture is of my two daughters sitting at our dining table last year on Thanksgiving...My husband hosted dinner that year and I love presenting the food on a festive table!
 
The background is a Kaisercraft wood grain patterned paper from my stash and fits right in with the dusty fall colors of this collection.  I added a layer of clear gesso and then started on my mixed media background...now, anyone who likes to create mixed media backgrounds knows that in the end, most of it is covered by the photo and embellishments, but I like the way it peaks out from behind it all. 
 
 
 
I used several Distress Oxide inks with a paint brush to add color as well as splatters.  It was a little bit of a challenge to find inks that matched exactly, but Tattered Rose, Iced Spruce, Stormy Sky, and Evergreen Bough work well.  I actually mixed Evergreen Bough and Black Soot to create the dark teal color in the rub on sentiment to the bottom right of the photo. So don't be afraid to play with your inks to achieve the color you are after!
After the mixed media is dry, you can start adding embellishments and your photo.  I matted my photo on a couple of patterned papers from the 6 x 8 paper pad.
 

To create texture and interest to the background, I spread some embossing paste through the Echo Park Picnic Blanket Stencil..yes, the name of the stencil doesn't fit the theme of my page, but the pattern is gorgeous and not really theme specific.   Once that was dry, I stamped floral and leaf images from the Honey Bee Country Bloom stamp set with Archival black ink.  because the flower stamps remind me of the flowers in embellishments from this collection.  I use Archival black ink because it is waterproof and won't smudge. 
 

 
This collection also includes Puffy Stickers and Rub Ons and would have put all of them on my layout if I could! I used a couple of flowers, hearts, and tiny images from the rub ons and love the flat detail it adds.  I used a handful of the puffy stickers including the hearts, buttons, and a sentiment. Honestly, I have the hardest time with puffy stickers because I love them so much!  I want to use them, but don't want to because they will be gone....who knows that feeling?? I know, I know..crafty problems!
 



 
 The Auburn Lane Floral Emphemera pack of flowers are absolutely to die for!  There is a mix of cardstock die cut flowers, vellum with black flowers die cuts, and vellum with rose gold flowers die cuts as well as leaves in all different shades.  I created clusters of these flowers surrounding the photo and tucked in several leaves.  To make sure the flowers and leaves have some dimension, only add a little bit of liquid adhesive on the edge of the die cut.  To take it a step further, add a little piece of fun foam or pop dots to the edge so it doesn't flatten out when put into a page protector.
 
 
I created my title using one of the phrases from the Pebbles Heart of Home gold thickers and added the words "the" and"my" from the Pinkfresh Peach Alpha Puffy Stickers from my stash.  I felt as though adding those words made the title more personal to me.  I also added the year with those same peach alpha stickers to a sticker label underneath my photo.
To tie in to the sentiment of my title, I used the houses from the 6 x 12 Accent sticker sheet and popped up one with fun foam. 
To finish up, I added some splatters of Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine and adhered some Pretty Pink Posh Rose Gold sequins with my Precision Tip applicator and Glossy accents
 
Thanks so much for taking the time to read about my project today and hope you are inspired to dive in to fall (even though its technically still Summer) and get crafty today!
To get these products in your hands, head over to the shop now before they are gone! 
Have a great week!
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel