Skip to main content

Happy ❤️ Day!

Good morning, everyone!  Amy Copeland here, guest designing.  Since it's almost Valentine's Day, I had to create a Valentine for my sweet husband.  I pulled together these products and the card came together relatively quickly--the most time-consuming part is the paper weaving, and even that doesn't take too terribly long.  :)


I took a picture of the paper weaving to give you a sense for how I do it (see below)--I started with this adorable 6 x 6 paper pad by MFT Stamps--Sweet Stack.  I used my paper trimmer to cut strips from every pattern in the paper pack, varying the widths.  I let the pattern be my guide for how wide to make the strips in some of the cases--on the teensy heart patterns, I made sure to include 2-3 full rows of hearts.  I cut two strips from each pattern.  Once I was finished cutting all of the strips, I picked out the patterns I wanted to include in the vertical row and laid them all next to each other with about 1 mm in between each one.  I then put a piece of low-tack tape across the top of my vertical strips to hold them in place while I did my weaving.  Purple Tape would be great for this.  I then took my first horizontal strip and weaved it over and under alternately in between my vertical strips, pushing it up to the top once I completed my weave.  I repeated this process with all of my horizontal strips.  Once I completed the entire pattern, I put another piece of low-tack tape across the bottom, pulled the entire panel up off my work surface, then flipped it over.  Don't worry, I fixed the bottom right corner and tucked the horizontal heart piece under the pink heart piece before doing the next step, I just didn't take a new picture. :)





I then dotted Liquid Glue onto the backside of all of my patterned paper strips--leaving the low-tack tape on for this step makes it easy.  Believe it or not, the panel is pretty sturdy at this point, especially with the tape-reinforced top and bottom edges.  Once the adhesive was applied, I stuck the whole panel down onto a piece of Lawn Fawn Moonstone Card Stock and let it dry.







The next step was cutting three pieces of white cardstock using a frame die like This One and gluing them together using the same liquid glue.  I then glued the stacked frames on top of my woven piece (that at this point is glued to the Moonstone cardstock) and used Scissors to trim the excess patterned paper/moonstone cardstock away from around the outside of the frame.







I created a card base using Lawn Fawn Ballet Slipper cardstock in a top-folding, A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) format and adhered my woven piece to the card base using the same liquid glue.  I used my Lawn Fawn Stitched Heart Stackables die (the medium-sized heart) to cut a piece of vellum and set it aside while I worked on the sentiment.  I used my Lawn Fawn Scripty Love die (side note--even though this die has been out for a long time, I just recently bought it and have been using the heck out of it--I love it!) to cut out two die cuts using Lawn Fawn Chili Pepper cardstock and two out of white cardstock.  I glued all of them together (the two white die cuts on the bottom, the two red ones on top) using the Mono Multi.  I then brushed the top red die cut with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen--Clear Overlay and then topped it with a layer of Glossy Accents.  I set that aside to dry and then heat embossed my "Happy ❤️ Day" sentiment from Lawn Fawn Let's Toast onto a small strip of Chili Pepper cardstock using Lawn Fawn White Embossing Powder, VersaMark, Anti-Static Pouch, and a Heat Tool.  My sentiment strip looked a little dull next to the glossy, glittery "love" die cut, so I brushed a little sparkle inside the heart and then topped the sentiment strip with Glossy Accents as well.





Once the Glossy Accents were completely dry, I applied liquid glue to the back of the "Love" word and "Happy Heart Day" strip, adhered them to the vellum heart, flipped the heart over, applied glue to the back of the vellum.  I made sure to conceal my glue underneath the word die and sentiment strip.  Then I flipped the heart back over and adhered it to the woven panel.  I used a combination of Micro Glue Dots and liquid glue to adhere my jewels--the darker purple gems from the Sugar Plum Jewels Mix by Pretty Pink Posh.


That finishes up my card for today--thanks for joining me and I hope it inspires you to create your own.  :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel