Skip to main content

Water coloured card with Erica using Neat & Tangled and The Stamp Market goodies


Hi guys!

It’s Erica popping in, with a guest design post, here on the Butterfly Reflections Ink blog, today! How are we all doing? All good or drooling over the latest releases and wondering if it’s socially acceptable to live on water and bread to sustain your craft stuff addition? Or is that just me, lol!

Today I have a card made with some new to me stuff from both The Stamp Market and Neat & Tangled. I tried my hardest to resist the latest couple of releases but failed rather spectacularly. Oh well, the stuff I got was only the tip of the ice berg (that is my wish list!) but oh wow... I’m seriously in love with that Love You diecut from Neat & Tangled and the Diamond Design Background Stamp from The Stamp Market? There are so many colour combinations I want to try with it.


I have a load of ready made A2 sized panels in all sorts of card stock for a quick start when inspiration hits, and these panels I store in plastic bags labelled with the kind of card stock they are. It’s so handy. Now, as I wanted to do heat embossing and water colouring, I picked Ranger water colour card stock and popped this into my MISTI. When the stamp was properly positioned, I dusted the panel very generously with my anti static tool. This is a must-do-step, don’t skip this if you want perfect heatembossing. After stamping the Diamond Design with VersaMark, I sprinkled white embossing powder all over it, then tapped off the excess and set it with my heat gun.


For the colouring I actually used my Daniel Smith water colour swatch as inspiration. I have organised my palette in reds/pinks/orange/browns/gray on one side and blues/teals/greens/turquoise on the other. Using the lightest colour, Lemon Yellow, in the middle, I worked my way outwards using one colour per section until they were all coloured in. At the end I had to mix up my own violets and purples because I don’t have enough of those to fill all the sections but it worked out pretty good anyway. Naturally, I want all of the colours because #fullsetsyndrome but I’m working on it. For now, mixing works ok but one day I will most likely end up with pretty much all the colours...

After letting the colouring dry completely, I used the Love You diecut from Neat & Tangled towards the bottom right corner of the panel. I also cut one out of foam sheet and layered these up. For a sweet little touch, I used the hearts that comes with the die in a few places around the sentiment and these also got layered with foam sheet cutouts.


The actual ‘Love you’ words I cut out of Tonic Studios Pink Chiffon card stock. It’s the most gorgeous semi-matte mirror card stock and I have this in various different colours. On the back of the words I used Lawn Fawn liquid glue, this stuff is amazing and I highly recommend it!


To finish off the card I trimmed down the panel a little bit and adhered it to a light gray card base. Trimming it down makes the light gray card stock, Narwhal from Lawn Fawn, frame the panel very nicely. A few clear sequins later and it was all done! Ta-da! I hope you like it as that’s it from me for today.


Thanks for stopping by the BRI blog today. I have linked almost all the products I've used for this card to the BRI Shop so happy shopping too!

If you want to see more of my work and a bit of behind-the-scenes, hop on over to my Instagram where I share crafting shenanigans almost daily.

Happy crafting from Erica


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel