Skip to main content

"A Few of My Favorite Things..." with Lawn Fawn!

Happy Thursday crafty friends, Ashley D. here.  The recent Lawn Fawnatics blog challenge – “inspired by a book, movie, or song” really got my wheels turning and it made me think of one of my late father’s favorite musicals, and one of our favorite songs growing up – the Rodgers & Hammerstein’s classic “My Favorite Things.”  


And coincidentally, this month also happens to be the 54th anniversary of the release of film adaptation of The Sound of Music.  Oh, and the tune is also getting some attention again, reinterpreted in the current chart-topper “7 Rings” by Ariana Grande.  So I just knew I had to turn it into fun card!  


 


I revisited all 13 items listed in the song, wanting each to be represented, so I started by die cutting a frame from the Mama Elephant Grid Window die in white cardstock (the Mama Elephant Circular Grid die would work too), and backed it with a background created by  ink-blending Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade onto Bristol Smooth Cardstock, working from bottom and top, leaving the middle the lightest.  I used several Lawn Fawn sets to create each item (listed below).  Since there were 12 windows and technically 13 items in the song, I chose to remove the most difficult one – “schnitzel with noodles."  Each was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers, with highlights of white Gelly Roll 08 pen, cut out with the coordinating dies.











  • Cream Colored Ponies – Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After; E50, E51, E53, E31, E33, R00; Critters Ever After Lawn Cuts








I adhered the frame to the inked background with foam adhesive for added dimension, and then on to a piece of black cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border.  I added one item to each window of the frame with foam adhesive.  For the sentiment, I masked the ‘YOU ARE MY’ from Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy Add-On:Family and ‘THING’ from Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy set using my MISTI tool and the same black ink, die cut with Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banners dies, trimming the ends.  


To emphasize the ‘favorite,’ part of the sentiment I die cut it out in black cardstock using the Essentials by Ellen Letterboard Script 2 designer dies (Ellen Hutson exclusive), glued to a strip of vellum, and then onto the card front.  I added the two sentiment strips above and below with foam adhesive.  Viola!  “These are a few of my favorite things….!”

Comments

  1. THIS is WOW!
    I'm going to share it in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters fb group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you so much Amy! �� ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel