Skip to main content

LawnFawn Eggstra Amazing Easter

Happy Tuesday crafty friends! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! Danielle here up on the BRI blog today with fun Easter card featuring Lawn Fawn Eggstra Amazing Easter stamp set.  With Easter right around the corner, I figure it's not too early to start my cards for family and friends.


I started off my card with a plain white card base.  I then trimmed down another piece of Lawn Fawn Peacock cardstock a little bit shorter for my second layer and adhered to my card base using tape adhesive . For my top layer, I used the new Lawn Fawn Spring Fling 6x6 paper pack and trimmed it shorter than my previous layer and adhered using foam adhesive..  I love that this paper pack comes with 12 different patterns and is perfect for spring.  For the die cut center, I used Lawn Fawn Reversed Stitched Scalloped Circle Window die. This created the cute scalloped center in my patterned panel.  I ran this die through my cutting machine again this time on a white piece of cardstock so I could have the inner piece.  I then ink blended that center piece using Distress Ink Oxides in Mermaid Lagoon and Evergreen Bough.  Once I was done ink blending I used my absolute favorite Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Moonstone.  This paste is my all time favorite as it gives the perfect shimmer!! I used tape adhesive and placed it directly in the middle for a perfect fit.


I stamped my images using black dye ink and colored using various copic markers.  Once all my images were colored I used the coordinating die and ran them through my die cutting machine.  I stamped my sentiment using Versamark Embossing Ink and heat embossed with Lawn Fawn white embossing powder on an extra piece of the Peacock cardstock which I adhered to the bottom of my  panel using foam adhesive.  Now I am ready to assemble my card scene.  I adhered my basket directly in the middle of my cut out center panel.  I placed the bundle of eggs in the basket and a couple of loose eggs on top which I used foam adhesive for added dimension.  I adhered my bunnies using foam adhesive on each side with extra eggs attached to their little bunny hands as if they were throwing them in the basket.  For extra detail I used Lawn Fawn Textured embossing powder on their tummies and the cotton tail which I thought turned out so cute!! 


I also used the flower border from Lawn Fawn Simply Celebrate stamp set and attached my bow directly in the center.  I added some clear Nuvo Glaze on the bow and adhered with foam adhesive.  I used a clear glitter marker on the eggs and some pearls on the basket.  I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I did making it! Sorry for the long post but there is so much detail in this card I wanted to make sure I told you about it all!!  


Make sure you stop by the shop to pick up this amazing new set and all the other goodies used to make this card just in time for easter!!  Wishing you all a fabulous week and thanks for stopping by!!
xoxoxo 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel