Skip to main content

Hello Spring - Pretty Pink Posh

Happy Tuesday crafty friends! Danielle here up on the BRI blog today with a fun CAS card featuring Pretty Pink Posh.  This is a super fun and easy card to make and can be given to that special someone for any occasion.



I started off ink blending a panel using Distress Ink Oxides in Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac, and Tumbled Glass.  I then spritz with some water to give it some texture. Once dried, I used the Pretty Pink Posh Spring Frame and ran through my die cutting machine.  I simply love this frame!! It creates such a pretty floral border in one easy pass.  I set my ink blended cut panel aside as I will use this as my "top" layer.  I ran the same spring frame die through my die cutting machine 3 more times.  Once using a rose gold mirrored card stock and 2 more times using adhesive backed foam sheets. These are great because they already have adhesive on one side so I just peeled and layered my 2 die cut foam sheets on top of each other.  I then adhered my mirrored cardstock cut piece directly on top of my foam.  I glued back in the center flat to my card base. This  created enough depth for the florals and leaves of the frame to stand out. 


Now I was ready to adhere my ink blended panel on top.  I played with this for a bit...I was originally going to adhere on top all lined up together however, I noticed that you really couldn't see the mirrored cardstock.  So I decided to rotate the top panel and I just loved the way it looked!! It gives it more of a layered abstract feel!  I adhered on top using double sided tape adhesive.


For my sentiment I used the Pretty Pink Posh Hello Friend Script Die.  I ran it through my die cutting machine twice.  Once on a pink sheet of glitter cardstock from Lawn Fawn Sparkle Collection and once on a piece of pink mirrored cardstock.  I glued the glitter cardstock on top of the mirrored one to give it a shadow look.  I adhered directly in the middle of my card using double sided tape adhesive.To finish off my card I added some pastel pearls in various spots along my top frame.


I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed creating it! Make sure you check out the shop and pick up these goodies and anything else you may "need" lol! And while you are there make sure you check out all the new goodies!! I know I will be picking some things up for sure!!  Hope you all have a fantastic week! See you next Tuesday!! xoxoxo









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel