Skip to main content

Loads of Happy Mail from Erica


Hi guys!

Today I have the pleasure of being a guest designer here on the Butterfly Reflections Ink Blog. Oh and hi, it’s Erica, by the way.






















I had an idea (for ONE card) in mind when I started making it but things kind of took a life of its own and all of a sudden, I was making four. Because why not?

Two are done with heat embossing and Distress Oxide resist emboss ink blending, and the other two are just straight up stamped and coloured with Copics.

All four cards have the Mail Background stamp from Neat & Tangled on them. The two done with heat embossing are done in Opaque Bright White embossing powder from WOW! Embossing. This is probably my fave white embossing powder, however there are many good ones to choose from HERE.






















They actually looked really nice with just the heat embossing done. These would make perfect backgrounds for Clean And Simple designs. A little bit of interest and texture but in white on white it’s not distracting at all, just pretty. Saying that, it would look great with just about any background stamp.






















For the ink blending I’ve used Distress Oxide inks in Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry for the pink one. The ink blending is done with the Life Changing Blender Brushes from Picket Fence Studios.






















The other one I used Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet.






















One of the reasons I made so many, is because when I stamped the first panel up, I messed up a little and the stamp didn’t cover the entire thing. So I stamped another one but then thought I’d try and save the first one. After that it just snowballed... I OBVI used my MISTI to do the stamping and the black ink is Copic friendly.

The first one I coloured in in similar colours to the ink blended image above. I used my Hex Chart to find similar Copic colours and then coloured in the little hearts only.






















Naturally, I had to do the same thing with the other panel, only in pinks... I have some weird quirks, what can I say? Oh well, it makes for some fun card making for me.

You can see the messed up bit on the pink panel below. To fix it, I trimmed it down a quarter inch height and width wise. The final panel measures 4"x5.25".






















To make sure that these two were matching, I trimmed the other one down too and then adhered them to white card bases. It created that nice little white trim around them. The ink blended panels I just added to card bases without trimming.

I added sentiments from the Typed Sentiments stamp set, heat embossed in white on black card stock, on all four too. They are all different, but would work well together in a little gift to someone.


There are also a few little bits and bobs added for extra interest. These are cut of white card stock and vellum, using Love Mail Dies. On three out of four, at least.






















With the glue tube from Lawn Fawn I added all the sentiment strips and little bits and bobs to the cards and with that they were all done! What do you think? Which one is your favourite?






















I made a video for these cards too, it’s over on my YouTube channel if you want to have a little look.






















Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time with me, I really appreciate it!






















Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica

If you want to see what else I am up to, you can find me on various social media

My blog https://cacacraftblog.wordpress.com/
My YouTube channel https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCLI_WLw9Et5Zd-DONeY5XDg
CaCaCraft on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cacacraftandcreations/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel