Skip to main content

Smiley S'more Slider with Leontine

Hello! Today I wanted to share a slider card with the adorable Smiley S’more from the new Lawn Fawn summer release. I don’t own a die to create the slider for me, so I got creative and made my own mechanism.

First I die cut a piece of white cardstock with the largest outside in stitched rectangle stackables. Then I placed the second largest small rectangle stackbles die in the center. I didn’t want to cut it all the way, so I made sure to keep the top sticking out from my cutting plates. Once that was done, I got a mini score board to score just the flap at 3/8, at 1 7/8 and at 3 3/4 inches. With my bone folder I creased those folds. I also needed to create a piece that would pull the slider up. I cut a piece of white cardstock at 3 1/4 by 4 5/8 inch. I rounded the top corners with a corner punch.
To create a notch at the top of my card I used the let’s toast pull tab add-on set. I also used it for a little arrow to go on the top.


Now that the mechanism was done it was time to ink the background. I used some painters tape to keep the piece flat. I then used the colors twisted citron, lucky clover, rustic wilderness, mermaid lagoon, blueprint sketch and chipped sapphire to create the woods at night. I splattered some liquid stardust mixed with water on top for a shimmery effect.

While that was drying I started on my trees, grass and s’more. I die cut trees from the stitched hillside backdrop portrait with noble fir and paper bag cardstock. I die cut grass from the build-a-basket easter set with cilantro cardstock. The moon from foursquare backdrop portrait from some vanilla malt cardstock and then I adhered the green of the trees to the brown trunks. I used copic friendly paper for the inlay pieces and black licorice cardstock for the backer and the outline as well as the eyes and mouth. To give his arms and legs a little more strength I used two layers of that backer piece. I colored the inlay pieces, trees and grass with my copic sketch markers: YG25, G03, G05, G07, E25, E27, E29, E40, E41, E42, E51, E53, E55, E57, R20.

Once my panel was fully dry I adhered the trees with liquid glue and acetate (and some scor-tape). The pieces of grass were also added to the cardstock with glue. The moon was attached to some acetate, because I wanted it to rise up with the slider panel. I added my cute smiley s’more with some thin foam squares, to make him pop up from the card a little more. I made sure not to put any foam squares at the top, otherwise he wouldn’t move up with the slider. And I checked to see if he would cover the acetate to hold the trees in the background.

I used a stamping platform, anti-static powder, clear embossing ink and white embossing powder to stamp the sentiment. I combined two stamp sets to create the sentiment: s’more the merrier and long distance hugs. After I melted the sentiment and it was fully dry, I wiped off the cardstock with a cloth to remove any leftover anti-static powder.


The slider flap was adhered with some scor-tape. Then I added some foam strips along the sides of the mechanism, except for on the top. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to pull the slider. I added the mechanism to a piece of mermaid cardstock that I cut with the large stitched rectangle stackables and then attached the whole thing to a white card base.

I put some white gel pen dots on the s’mores eyes and put a drop of glossy accents on top. I carefully used an adhesive eraser to get rid of some glue residue on the black outlines. Last but not least I used my nuvo aqua shimmer glitter gloss pen to add some glitter to the arrow and the moon.

And now the card is finished! I hope you like my card. If you're interested in seeing how I made this: I will upload a video very soon! Have an amazing week!

Hugs,
Leontine

Comments

  1. Fantastic card, that s’more is cute! Thanks for the tutorial too ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card. I would love to see your video on how you did this card. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Tags featuring the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool!

Happy Monday! This is Kim Hamilton and I am so very excited to be sharing my first post with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink! This is making my first day back to work after a two-week break a happy one! I am sharing baby gift tags today, one of my friends is expecting and not sure what she is having so I made one of each! I used my  We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool  for the first time and loved it! I cut my own  Tim Holtz watercolor paper  to the size of tag I wanted (2 3/4 x 4 1/4) and cut the edges with my trimmer.  I stamped my sentiments that are by  Lawn Fawn Hello Baby  with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder. For the girl tag I used a mix of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral  Distress Inks  and for the boy tag I used Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron  Distress Inks .  I sprayed both tags with some water and dabbed it off. I then stamped my images by My Favorite Things  Snuggle Bunnies  for the girl and Magical Dragons for th

Painting backwards....

Hello, hello!  Norine here from The Velvet Lemon blog .  It's been a week for introductions hasn't it, but let me just say how delighted I am to have been invited to join such a talented group of paper crafters, and to contribute here at Butterfly Reflections Ink!   Today I'm sharing with you, some cards I made by working backwards.  What do I mean, you wonder?  Well, it's a technique I sometimes enjoy doing, where you "smoosh" your water based ink pads on a craft mat, mist the colors with water and then drag your water color paper through it to create a pretty mess of color.     For today's cards, I wanted a blend of blues and greens (always a crowd pleaser) and yellows/pinks.  You will always be happier with the results when you keep the green/blues from overlapping with the yellow/pinks, because that just produces an unappealing mud color.   I used a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this project, but any water based inks w

Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 3 + Giveaway

Hey, hey BRI friends!  We're hopping today to celebrate the 4th Birthday of Altenew , one of our favorite stamping companies!  You should have arrived here from the Altenew blog , and we're glad you're here to share the excitement! There are prizes and inspiration and it's going to be FUN! With you today, is Norine from The Velvet Lemon  creating for Butterfly Reflections Ink  and I have some projects to share today, that I made using some recently released Altenew products .   First up, are these two cards created with the Mega Succulent stamp set .   I stamped the image onto water color paper using the MISTI , then turned on the music and sat and colored.   I used Faber Castell watercolor pencils so I could more easily control where the color would sit and then painted with a water brush .  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder to ensure that the ink wouldn't smudge, then tore the vel